The integration provides the ability to sync iBex room availability with Bookabach via their calendar import facility which accepts a url that provides availability data using the iCal format.
The limitation of Bookabach calendar is that the only information that is accepted is the availability status i.e. available or blocked (unavailable). This means that detailed data like unit counts, rates/prices and booking information are not transmitted through the connection.
iBex Setup Instructions
1. The property has to have an existing account and listings representing each iBex room set up in Bookabach.
2. Login to your iBex account – click here
3. Click on New Sales Channel in the iBex menu (under the header Channel Management). Click on the green (+ ) plus symbol for the Bookabach sales channel.
4. Choose the Selling Group for the availability you wish to send to the Bookabach.
5. Click Register Sales Channel button. You will progress to the Channel Mapping tab.
6. Click Save button.
7. Click Save & Update Channel button to activate the connection.
8. The channel mapping is shown below. No rooms will be visible for mapping since room/rate mapping is not required.
9. Click on the View Room/Rates At Channel link on the mapping page to generate the calendar urls for each room as in the image below.
bookabach Setup Instructions (Importing your iBex calendar)
Important: To set up this feature, your property listing must be online bookable (OLB enables) and use Bookabach online payments (OLP enabled).|
To set up an import from an external calendar:
1) Go to https://manage.bookabach.co.nz and log in.
2) If you have more than one property, select the property you wish to edit.
3) Navigate to Settings > Property Settings and scroll down to Calendar import/export.
4) Click the Edit Calendar Settings button.
5) In the Import Feeds section, select +Add calendar import.
6) Give the calendar a name and enter the external calendar URL.
7) Click Save
8) Hit the re-sync icon to manually import the new calendar.
9) Refresh the Bookabach calendar page and check that the availability status matches iBex. Your imported calendar will show blocked out dates with greyed out boxes.