Holiday Houses Calendar Sync Setup Instructions
The integration provides the ability to sync iBex room availability with Holiday Houses via their calendar import facility which accepts a url that provides availability data using the iCal format.
The limitation of Holiday Houses calendar is that the only information that is accepted is the availability status ie available or blocked (unavailable). This means that detailed data like unit counts, rates/prices and booking information are not transmitted through the connection.
Main website ->www.holidayhouses.co.nz
1. The property has to have an existing account and listings representing each iBex room set up in Holiday Houses.
2. Login to your iBex account – click here
3. Click on New Sales Channel in the iBex menu (under the header Channel Management).Click on the green Plus symbol for the Holiday Houses sales channel.
4. Choose the Selling Group for the availability you wish to send to the Holiday Houses.
5. Click Register Sales Channel button. You will progress to the Channel Mapping tab.
6. Click Save button.
7. Click Save & Update Channel button to activate the connection.
8. The channel mapping is shown below. No rooms will be visible for mapping since room/rate mapping is not required.
9. Click on the View Room/Rates At Channel link on the mapping page to generate the calendar urls for each room as in the image below.
Login to holidayhouses.co.nz
Step 1: Go to your booking calendar under 'Bookings and enquiries'
Step 2: Click the link 'Import calendar' and a pop up box will appear
Step 3: Name the calendar (e.g iBex) you're importing and paste in its URL retrieved in step 9. Click import.
Your imported calendar will show blocked out dates with greyed out boxes.
Step 4. Refresh the Holiday Houses calendar page and check that the availability status matches iBex.
1. Holiday Houses supports a one-way connection using the iCalendar format. As as result the new interface will only keep Holiday Houses calendar updated up to 360 days into the future. Unfortunately this API will not update rates and MinStays requirements, so you still have to set manually these inside your Holiday Houses account.
2. Each iBex room type is to represented by a listing on Holiday Houses.
3. Holiday Houses syncs availability from iBex every 30 minutes so availability changes in iBex won’t be instantly updated on Holiday Houses.
4. If the connection in iBex is deleted and a new one created, Holiday Houses has to be updated with new urls since the data in the urls have changed with the new connection.
5. Reservation made through Holiday Houses will not be feed through to iBex. As a result any bookings you receive through Holiday Houses will not update your availability in iBex unless the booking is entered manually.