Extras can be services and products that your customers may want to add to their bookings (such as breakfast, tours, etc), and/or any additional charges that you may need to add to bookings (such as discounts, cancellation fees, commission charges, breakages, etc).
You can set different charge types for each extra (for example, Per Person, Per Day, Per Booking, etc) and whether the extra is mandatory, available to all bookings, or restricted to specific rates and rooms. The price of the extra can also be automatically calculated as a percentage of the room value.
Once an extra has been registered in your iBex account, it can be booked by your customer's online or manually added to a booking at any stage.
TIP - There are many enhanced features for extras but for a standard extra, we recommend that the fields in bold below are the minimum completed.|
Select Extra: Ignore as setting up a new extra.
Name: Enter what the extra is called. This is what the customer will see and select on your booking screen (for example, Continental breakfast)
Short Name: This is what the extra will be referred to in your iBex system so enter something that tells you what it is (for example, bfast)
Category: Select the category that you want the extra to belong to.
Pre-defined Type: This option will only be shown to users with certain options - Only select if the extra is directly related to this type as it controls additional functionality.
Supplier Name: This option is only shown if you use Vouchering within your system. Enter the supplier if the extra is provided by an external provider.
Description: Add a full description of the extra. This will also appear on your booking screen when the customer opts to view the extra's details.
Instructions: Only required if necessary (for example, Please be at the pick up point 15 minutes before departure)
Tax Code: Set the tax that applies to your extra (eg. GST, VAT)
Charge Method: Set how you want the extra to be charged to your customer
- Each - Your customer can select as many as they want. If Each is selected here, the field Percentage Charge will show enabling you to set a percentage as the amount to be charged (or discounted)with a maximum amount - please see Percentage Based Extras for further details
- Per Hire - The charge will be for each hire
- Per Booking - The extra will be charged once per booking
- Per Person - The extra will be charged once per person and once selected allows you to select who the extra can be applied to
- Per Person Per Day - The extra will be charged once per person and once selected allows you to select who the extra can be applied to and the number of days it can be charged
- Per Week - The extra will be charged once a week and once selected allows to set the number it can be charged
- Per Day - The extra will be charged once a day and once selected allows to set the number it can be charged
- Per Night - The extra will be charged once a night and once selected allows to set the number it can be charged
Max Per Booking: You would use this if you have a limited number of the extra (for example, cots per booking)
Max Booking Period (Days): Add if you have a maximum period that the extra can be booked for
Non Refundable: Select if this extra is not refundable if booking cancelled.
Individual Sale: Select if this extra can be sold individually
Prevent Past Bookings: If enabled and the extra's from date is before the current date/time, it will be changed to the current date/time.
Mandatory Front Screen Bookings: Select if this extra is compulsory for your customers in order for them to complete their booking on your booking screen
Mandatory All Bookings: Select if this extra must be added to all bookings even if not selected
Show unavailable: Select if you wish to show this extra when it unavailable on from booking screens
Available with public bookings: Select if your want this extra to be bookable by your customers on your booking screen
Cost of Sale: Select if this extra is to be shown in the sales and occupancy reports
Valid for Properties: Applies to Multi-Property accounts only - Select the properties that can use this extra
Valid for User Groups: Select which Selling Groups can use this extras
Report Groups: Add as required
Only Valid for Rate Codes: If you want only certain rates to be able to use this extra, any rates set will be displayed here
Valid for New Rate Code: As above, you can add the iBex Rate Code for any rates that you want to use this extra (the iBex Rate Code is on the Maintain Rate Rules option in the menu)
Not Valid for Rate Codes: If you want the extra to be used for all rates except certain ones, you can do. Any rates set will be displayed here
Exclude for New Rate Code: As above, you can add the iBex Rate Code for any rates that you do not want to use this extra (the iBex Rate Code is on the Maintain Rate Rules option in the menu)
Comments: Add your own comments here. They are not shown to customers.
Status: You can make an extra inactive at any time by selecting here.
- Once completed, click Save
You have now added the Extra to your system so you can now load the prices that you want to charge for the extra (unless you are setting up an automatic Credit Card Charge, Phone Control, or a Percentage Based Extra as these do not need pricing added).
- At the bottom of the screen, select the Create New Rate Period option
You have now completed setting up an extra so we recommend that you check that it works as expected in your system and on your public booking screen.
- In iBex, open a booking and go to the Extra's tab and add the extra to the booking. You can easily remove it after.
- On your public booking screen, the extras options are shown after a customer has selected the room that they wish to book.
If you make any changes, you will need to re-open your booking screen in a new tab so that it has been refreshed and show any new changes.